Backing up your blog is very important. You should aim to do this at least once a week. If some thing happens to your blog you can easily restore it if you have a backup.
1. Log into your blogger dashboard.Click on the image with the black file. A drop down menu will appear.
3. In setting select OTHER
4. Move to the top of the page where you will see 3 options: IMPORT BLOG, EXPORT BLOG, DELETE BLOG.
5. Select EXPORT BLOG, when you do this a dialogue box will appear that will give you option to down load blog. Click on it.
6. Down load this file it will be in xml format . SAVE this file in a folder created for your blog back up on your computer.
7. Make sure you give the file a recognisable name so that if you need to restore your blog in any instance you can find it easily.Also make sure that you keep this back up folder in two places so that you always have a copy if your computer crashes.
Make sure you back up your blog at least once a week.
You may like:
How to add contact me form in blogger.