I hate rainy days with blustery winds and enjoy nothing better than staying indoors when the weather is bad.On these sort of cold and wet days I particularly relish the thought of hot piping soup and fresh crusty bread. This carrot soup is so easy and simple to make that it can be rustled up in 20 minutes flat.If anything it actually took me longer to set up the photoshoot than it did to prepare and eat the soup!
Coming to the props, the two blue soup bowls were a find from a stall in a street market in Covent Garden, and the wooden spoons were a find in a charity shop. As always I cannot stop myself coming home with something for food pictures. Now for the recipe.
Sweetness of the carrot, the kick from the chilli makes this rich and creamy carrot soup delicious.
4 medium carrots peeled and roughly chopped
1 medium potato peeled and roughly chopped
500 ml water
1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 red chilli de seeded and finely chopped
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon white pepper powder
1/2 red chilli cut into slices for garnish
4 basil leaves roughly torn for garnish
1. In a microwaveable bowl add the chopped carrots and potatoes, cover them with 100 ml water and cover and cook for 8 minutes on high or until carrots and potatoes are thoroughly cooked.
2. In a saucepan add the oil and heat it on medium heat. Once oil is hot add the onions and cook them until they are translucent.
3. Add the salt, pepper, red chilli and lemon juice and the cooked potatoes and carrots.
4. Add 200 ml water and bring the soup to a slow simmer.
5. Transfer the soup to a blender and puree it in two batches.
6. Transfer the pureed soup back to the saucepan and add the remaining 200 ml water, bring the soup to boil and remove from the heat.
7. Transfer the soup into soup bowls and garnish with chilli slices and torn basil leaves.
Serve with hot crusty bread.
Cook with Luv Javelin Warrior
Extra veg event by fuss free flavours and utterly scrummy
In my VEG BOX ~Carrots event by citrusspiceuk
Flavours of the world ~Grande Finale event by simply.food
You may like :