Creamy and rich hearty potato soup which is perfect to beat the winter blues.
2 medium potatoes peeled and diced
10 green beans top and tailed and finely chopped
1 small carrot peeled and diced
1 small onion finely chopped
1 small clove garlic peeled and diced
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper powder
1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
300 ml water
1 tablespoon single cream for garnish
1.Place the potatoes, carrots and beans in a microwavable dish, add 100 ml water and cook for five minutes on high until all the vegetables are cooked.
2. In a pan add 1 teaspoon olive oil and wait for it to heat up, add the onions and garlic and saute until onions are soft and translucent.
3. Add the cooked vegetables and add remaining 200 ml water. Bring the soup to boil and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
4. Transfer the soup to a blender jug and puree the soup to a fine puree.
5. Once soup has been pureed transfer it back to the saucepan and add the salt, pepper and chilli flakes.
6. Reheat the soup and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
To serve transfer the soup to serving bowls and swirl some cream over the top of it.Serve with warm crusty bread.
You may like:
Pumpkin and Apple soup
In my VEG BOX ~Carrots event by citrusspice
Drinks and starters event @Cook click and Devour
Healthy side dishes event by Priya Guest hosted by Nandoos Kitchen
Delicieux and Eat your Veg FSF Winter
Made with luv Javelin Warrior
Extra veg event by fuss free flavours and utterly scrummy
In my veg box ~Potatoes event by citrusspiceuk guest hosted by Give me some spice