Crispy crunchy coating with delicious cheesy potato inner makes these Feta cheese and potato balls simply delectable.
240 g Kataifi Pastry (shredded Greek Pastry)
4 medium boiled potatoes
60 g feta cheese
1 tablespoon plain flour mixed with 3 tablespoons water
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon white pepper
¾ teaspoon salt
1 small carrot finely grated
6 mint leaves finely chopped
600 ml sunflower oil for frying.
1. In a bowl add the boiled potatoes and mash them with a potato masher. Add the grated carrot,
2. Crumble the feta into the potatoes, add the salt, nutmeg, pepper and mint leaves and mix well.
3. Make walnut sized balls from the mixture and keep them to one side.
4. Separate some strands of the kataifi pastry, dip the potato ball in the flour water mixture and wrap it with the strands of kataifi pastry. Repeat for all the balls.
5. Heat the oil in a deep pan, once it is moderately hot, deep fry the potato balls on medium heat until golden brown.
6. Remove the golden brown potato balls from the oil and fry the remaining balls in small batches.
Serve the Feta potato balls with yoghurt and mint dip.
To make the yoghurt and mint dip- 4 tablespoons Greek yoghurt, pinch of salt, pinch of white pepper, 1 teaspoon of mint sauce and 1 clove garlic finely minced. Mix all the ingredients together and serve as a dip.