Crunchy vegetables stirfried with noodles and lots of vegetables in a spicy sauce.
240g dried egg noodles
1 red capsicum deseeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
1 yellow capsicum deseeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
1 green capsicum deseeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
1 carrot peeled and cut into thin slices
1 courgette cut into thin slices
1 red onion cut into thin slices
2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
8 green beans cut into 1 inch pieces
4 button mushrooms cut into thin slices
10 mangetout cut into 1 inch pieces
8 baby corn cut into 1 inch pieces on diagonal
3 tablespoons garlic chilli sauce
2 tablespoons dark soya sauce
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
Pinch of salt
pinch of white pepper
12 cashew nuts
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1. Place the dried noodles in a large dish with a lid. Pour over the noodles boiling water and leave them covered for 3 minutes.
2. After three minutes drain the noodles and keep them aside.
3. In a large wok add the oil and heat it on medium heat. Add the cashew nuts and stir fry until golden brown and remove them from the oil and keep aside.
4. To the oil add the garlic followed by the onions, beans, carrots, peppers, mangetout, courgettes,corn and mushrooms and stir fry for 3-4 minutes on high heat.
5. Add the chilli garlic sauce, soya sauce, salt and pepper and toss all the vegetables.
6. Add the precooked noodles and sesame seeds and toss again until noodles and vegetables are blended together and coated with the sauce.
7. Transfer the noodles to a serving dish and garnish with the fried cashew nuts.
Lets cook with Seeds event by simply.food