Soft spongy pancakes that are delicious with luscious strawberries and a drizzle of chocolate and strawberry sauce.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time 10 minutes
Makes 6 mini pancakes
100 g ground oats
45 g rice flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1 handful chocolate chips
Enough milk to make a semi-thick mixture (approx 100 ml)
1 tablespoon olive oil to fry with or spray oil
1. Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground oats and sugar.
2. Add the milk and mix to make a semi-thick mixture, stir in the chocolate chips.
3. Lightly oil a frying pan and set it on medium heat .Using a ladle spoon the mixture into the frying pan.
3. Wait till bubbles appear and the edge of the pancake starts to lift, now flip the pancake to cook the underside.
4. Pancake is cooked when both sides should are golden brown in colour.
5. Stack the pancakes I used three per serving (or as high as you like), garnish with sliced strawberries and a squirt of chocolate sauce and strawberry sauce.
Alternatively serve with cream / ice-cream / jam for a sinful brunch.
This post is a guest Post by Roshni Kanabar.