Mixed Berry Ice cream with Cassis
Preparation time – 30 minutes
Chilling time –12 hours
200 grams /8 oz mixed berries - blackcurrants,raspberries,blackberries,strawberries
200 grams / 8 oz mixed berries - blackcurrants,raspberries,blackberries,strawberries for folding into ice cream and garnish
397 grams/ 16 oz sweetened condensed milk
125 ml fresh double cream
1 tablespoon sugar (optional if berries are little sharp)
1 tablespoon Cassis –blackcurrant liquor (optional)
1. Wash the 200 grams of berries and chop up into bite sized pieces.
2. In a blender jug add the chopped berries and add sugar. Blend to a coarse texture to form berry compote.
3. In a bowl add the condensed milk and the cream and whip till light and fluffy.
4. Fold in the berry compote.
5. Pour the mixture into a tupperware container and place in freezer.
hours take the ice cream out of the freezer and stir with a fork to break any ice crystals.
7. At 3 hour intervals repeat this process twice more (In total 3 times)
8. After the third time take the ice cream out of the freezer and allow stand for 5 minutes.
9. In mean time reserving few berries for garnish, chop the remainder into bite size pieces. To the berry mixture add a tablespoon of cassis- blackcurrant liqueur and mix together.
10. Fold the berry pieces into the ice cream.
11. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop ice cream into serving bowl, garnish with the reserved berries.
NB- Alternatively you can skip stages 5-7 if you have an ice cream maker.