I recently attended the Central school of cookery with some fellow bloggers to attend a Betty Crocker master class.The event was fun and interactive with a hands on baking and decorating class.
After a brief introduction about the history of Betty Crocker, we set about baking with the Betty Crocker products.
The prepared Betty Crocker mixes are really easy to use and you can get guaranteed results each time you use them. The mixes can be used in innovative ways to create a multitude and variety of cakes that not only look good but taste awesome. You can check out the full Betty Crocker baking range here.
At the event we used the red velvet mix, the vanilla mix, the brownie mix and the cookie mix.With amazing team work with my friends Akesha Reid and LeBinh we created some delectable cakes.
We made some lovely marbled swirley snowflake red velvet and vanilla loaf cake with frosting, some crunchy christmas brownie houses, chocolate chip cookie brownies and some Christmas themed vanilla cup cakes with vanilla frosting.
For the frosting Betty Crocker have delicious cream cheese frosting and their new vanilla Icing and Rainbow Sprinkles which is a two in one solution, you get the sprinkles with the icing. It is convenient and easy to use, as it comes with the perfect amount of sprinkles and the creamy vanilla icing to frost any cookies or cakes. Betty Crocker™ Vanilla Icing with Rainbow Sprinkles is available in your local supermarket from and retails at RRP of £2.85.
At the masterclass we had lots of fun creating and decorating the cakes. The emphasis was on christmas and we really enjoyed decorating our bakes with christmassy fondant cut outs.
3 of the photos (the loaf cake in 1st picture , the group photo and the breaking egg
one in collage) used in this post were from Preston Perfect Photography, the rest are copyright of citrusspiceuk
As always at simplyfood, when ever I try something new I like to give my readers a chance to try it too. Betty Crocker has been very kind and they have agreed to send 1 simply food reader 5 betty crocker products so that they too can create some lovely christmas bakes to enjoy during the festivities.
How To Enter:
- Simply complete the Rafflecopter widget below to verify your entries
- Entries can be via blog comment, Facebook, Twitter etc
- This competition is open to UK residents only.Please read the rules below .
- Leaving a blog comment is mandatory and failure to do so will void any other entries.
- Closing date - 29th Nov 2014 12.00am
How Rafflecopter works:
· You will need to complete the mandatory entry first – usually making a blog comment. You can do this by clicking on leave a comment at the bottom of the post and leaving your reply in the comment box.Please note your comment will not show immediately as it needs to be moderated however rest assured it will appear on the site, so carry on with rest of entries.
· Login to Rafflecopter – click to see what the question is. Make a comment answering the question on the blog.
· Go back to Rafflecopter and click the green button to tell me you have made a comment, this will unlock all the other options. All entries are checked to see that the mandatory question is answered, if its not all bonus entries will become void.
· Rafflecopter will tweet, like and follow on your behalf.
· For information on how to find the URL of your tweet click here.
· For bonus entries you can return to this page and enter the daily bonus entries.
· If you are still unsure as to how Rafflecopter works please do check out this short video.
a Rafflecopter giveaway