With the Christmas school holidays upon us it nice to find activities that will keep the younger ones entertained and at the same time create things that are home made and can be used in the home or gifted. These lovely Christmas tree decorations are easy to make and make lovely tree decorations or even gift tags for presents.
This activity requires adult supervision since we are using a glue gun.For young children you can use fabric glue.
You will need:
1 piece brown felt
1 piece white felt
1 piece green felt
1 piece red felt
5 mm wide ribbon
1 heart cookie cutter to draw around
1 round cookie cutter to draw around.
1. Place the cookie cutters on the brown felt and draw around it .
2. Cut out 2 heart shapes and 2 round circles.
3. Place both the cookie cutters on the white felt and draw around them.
4. Cut out 1 white circle and 1 heart shape.
5. One third of the way down both the shapes draw a wiggly line to look like icing running down. Cut the shapes out and discard the bottom pieces.
6. On green felt draw 4 small holly shapes and cut them out
7. Cut out 6 small red dots from the red felt for the holly berries
8. Cut the ribbon pieces, each 12 cm long and fold each piece in half.
10. Apply glue all around the heart and sandwich the second brown heart on top of the first heart.
11. Stick the white icing shape to the top of the brown heart.
13. Repeat exactly the same method to create the round Christmas pudding decoration.
Once dry decorations are ready to hang on the tree.