Having made Christmas Pudding and Stocking shaped decorations, I am now going to show you how to make snowman shaped tree decorations.
This activity requires adult supervision since we are using a glue gun.For young children you can use fabric glue.
You will need:
1 piece blue felt
1 piece white felt
Some silver beads / balls
Round cookie cutter
Black, orange and red felt for eyes nose and mouth
5 mm wide ribbon
How to make:
1. Place the round cutter on the white felt and draw around it .
2. Cut out 2 white circle shapes
3. Draw a cone shape from the blue felt to look like a bobble hat and cut it out.
4. From the white felt, cut out a small white circle for the hat bobble and a strip to fit the bottom of the blue cone shape.
4. Cut out two black eyes, a orange nose and a red mouth.
5. Cut a 12 cm piece of ribbon and fold it in half.
6. Add more glue to the circle and sandwich the second white circle on top.
7. At the top edge of the circle glue on the blue cone shape, and then glue the white trim to the bottom of the cone shape and the white bobble on the cone point. Glue a line of silver beads on the white trim on the hat.
8.Glue on the eyes, nose and mouth.
Once dry decorations are ready to hang on the tree.
You may like:
Christmas Pudding Tree Decorations.