Its vegetarian week this week, so here is a super healthy and delicios recipe to get all my readers making the change for one day and eating a vegetarian dinner.
Moong Dhal with Spinach
Delicious protein packed Moong dhal with iron packed spinach makes this dhal not only delicious to eat but it is super healthy too.
- 120g / 4 oz Moong Dhal (without husk)
- 360g /12oz Baby spinach (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 2 Small tomatoes (blended to puree)
- 600 ml Water
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 Dried red chilli
- 1/4 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Coriander finely chopped for garnish
1. Wash the moong dhal and soak it in water for 2 hours, after which boil it for 30 minutes until cooked but holding shape.2.In a large pan add the oil and heat it up on medium heat. Once oil is hot add the mustard seeds and red dried chilli wait for them to splutter. 3. Add the garlic and ginger paste and saute for 1 minute. Add the blended tomatoes, salt, chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and turmeric powder and saute the mixture for 2-3 minutes. 4. Add the finely chopped spinach and add 100 ml water. Cook the spinach for 3-4 minutes until wilted.5.Add the cooked moong dhal with the cooking liquid to the spinach and bring the dhal to a slow simmer.Cook for 5 minutes.6. Add extra water to get the desired consistency.7. Transfer the dhal to a serving dish and garnish with fresh coriander. Serve with boiled rice.
DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 4 servings