When little M my niece comes to visit she loves dressing up and one of the things she loves is role play. On her recent visit she was telling me that at school they had celebrations for Chinese New year and that the teacher had given them all fortune cookies. She also showed me a dragon puppet she had made. She was telling me for Book day she was going to dress up as a dragon but she was going to be a cute and happy dragon as she does not like fire eating dragons. To go with her outfit we made this dragon mask.
You will need:
Green funky foam 1 A4 sheet
Multicoloured funky foam 1/2 A4 sheet
Scraps of pink and black funky foam
12 inch piece f thin elastic
Single hole punch.
The video below show how to make the mask:
1. Cut out a pear shape our of the green funky foam for the dragons mask. Cut out holes for eyes to peep through.
2. Cut out two ears from the multicoloured foam.
3. Cut out two horns from the pink foam
4. Cut out nostrils, eyebrows, scales from the black foam.
5. Punch a hole or the right nad left side of mask near ears to thread the elastic through.
6. Tie the elastic through the punched holes and secure with double know.
7. Stick the ears, horns,eyebrows,scales and nostrils on the green dragon face.
Some of the craft items used in this post came in my Bostik bloggers March craft box.