Picture from free printables.
To help me with my cleaning, I try not to use too many chemical cleaners instead I have some great cost saving home remedies that work well. Below I am going to share a few of my cleaning tips that I find useful:
My top 10 Best Cleaning tips:
- Use vinegar and newspapers for polishing glass doors, windows and mirrors.
- Keep old cotton t shirts, cut them into squares and use for polishing, they are soft and they don’t leave behind fluff
- Make a paste from Bicarbonate of soda and water for cleaning fridge. It removes odours and it’s safe for the food.
- Place a lemon half in a bowl of water and put in microwave on high for 3 minutes. Remove the bowl and wipe clean the microwave.
- Use a tooth brushes to clean between hard to get areas in the bathroom and kitchen.
- Use white distilled vinegar to remove hard water and lime scale form kitchen sinks and taps and shower heads.
- Revive the grout on your bathroom tiles by applying a paste made from baking soda and bleach. Paste it on the grout and leave it for 15 minutes. Next using a toothbrush scrub the grout and rinse. You will have sparkling grout.
- To freshen up your mattress, you will need a box of baking soda and a few drops of essential oil. Add the oil to the baking soda and mix well. Sprinkle the scented baking soda all over your mattress and rub it in. Leave the baking soda mixture on the mattress for about 15 minutes after which hoover the baking soda off using a good quality hoover with a strong suction like the dyson.
- To remove carpet stains, mix two tablespoons of salt with white vinegar and rub on the stains and leave for 15 minutes. Hover the stain with a good powerful hoover.
- To remove hair from the carpet, use a wet rubber glove and rub the carpet with your wet rubber glove, the hairs will lift off easily.
I have learnt over years that it just takes a few more minutes to put things back when I have used them instead of being lazy and leaving things out to tidy another day. Similarly it only takes a few more minutes to wash your cup after having coffee than leaving it in the kitchen sink for later. All these little efforts really make keeping the house neat and tidy and clean.
Do you have any great house cleaning tips that you can share with me???
I would like to thank Tesco for this collaboration.