Summer is all about salads and eating healthy, I love to make my salads interesting and eye catching so that not only do they look colorful but they look and taste great too.
The key to a pretty salad is to cut and slice the fruits and vegetables uniformly and neatly. This is when this easy to use simple mandoline slicer by OXO comes in handy.
There is no need to set up an electric gadget. This simple mandoline slicer is so quick to use that your salad will be made in a jiffy.
The mandoline slicer cuts perfect slices, you can adjust the thickness by using the simple slider to three different sizes and also adjust the setting to create julienne or put it on lock position for storage.
The mandoline has a soft handle and a non slip foot to steady it. This is particularly useful to steady the mandoline when slicing hard vegetables such as carrots and potatoes.
It also comes with a spring loaded food holder so that your fingers are protected from the sharp blades at all times. The food holder securely grips the food so that you can get maximum slices from it without waste.
Cleaning this mandoline is easy too, it just needs rinsing in soapy water as the blades are integrated, The feet fold away and the food holder fits onto the mandoline for easy storage.
I love this mandoline as there are no separate blades to mess with, no need for power and its portable so its perfect to take away on camping and self catering holidays.The mandoline comes in a neat box and is available on line or at any homebware store. It retails at £ 40.00
I was sent this OXO Simple Mandoline to test in my kitchen, all views expressed are of my own experience of the gadget.
How To Enter:
- Simply complete the Rafflecopter widget below to verify your entries
- Entries can be via blog comment, Facebook, Twitter etc
- This competition is open to UK residents only over 18 years of age .Please read the rules below .
- Leaving a blog comment is mandatory and failure to do so will void any other entries.
- Closing date - 18th August 2016 12.00 am
- You will need to complete the mandatory entry first – usually making a blog comment. You can do this by clicking on leave a comment at the bottom of the post and leaving your reply in the comment box.Please note your comment will not show immediately as it needs to be moderated however rest assured it will appear on the site, so carry on with rest of entries.
- Login to Rafflecopter – click to see what the question is. Make a comment answering the question on the blog.
- Go back to Rafflecopter and click the green button to tell me you have made a comment, this will unlock all the other options. All entries are checked to see that the mandatory question is answered, if its not all bonus entries will become void.
- Rafflecopter will tweet, like and follow on your behalf.
- For information on how to find the URL of your tweet click here.
- For bonus entries you can return to this page and enter the daily bonus entries.
- If you are still unsure as to how Rafflecopter works please do check out this short video.
a Rafflecopter giveaway