This week on Sunday, I had little M, my niece over to spend the afternoon with me. She is really excited because her parents have told her that they are going to Hawaii for their holidays .. She told me she has seen pictures of ladies in grass skirts and flowers in their hair, and she is going to wear a grass skirt and flowers in her hair too when she goes there. I tried to explain to her that ladies don't walk around with grass skirts which was quite amusing to picture but there is a Hawaiian dance that they perform where they wear these grass skirts and put flowers in their hair.
She was really fascinated so we looked up Hawaii on the internet and then made a delicious pineapple and coconut milk smoothie to enjoy. We made the smoothie in my Froothie Optimum 9400, which is so efficient that it only takes 30 seconds to pulse through the ingredients including ice and makes a creamy delicious smoothie in seconds. To see what other things this magic machine does do check out this post
To make the smoothie we added 100 ml coconut milk, 1 cup of ice cubes, 200 grams of fresh pineapples chunks, 3 medjool dates to add sweetness and about 10 almonds to the Optimum 9400 blender and blended the mixture for 30 seconds. The smoothie was absolutely delicious garnished with a sprinkling of chia seeds, a chunk of pineapple and a medjool date.
After our refreshments we looked through the bostik challenge box and found lots of flower and garden themed crafting things. We decided to make Hawaiian flower garlands to wear.
To make the flower garlands you will need:
4 straws of different colours
Precut paper flowers
36 inch String or Rafia
Single hole punch
How to make:
1. Cut the straws into 1 inch piece and keep aside.
2. Using the single hole punch , punch holes in the centre of the precut flowers so that we can thread them onto the rafia.
3. On the green card draw a leaf shape approx 1 inch long and cut out 6 leaves.
4. Glue 1 leaf to each flower using bostik glue and leave remaining flowers with out leaves.
5. Take the rafia and thread onto it the flowers alternating the colours and also alternating the ones with leaves and ones without.
6.Use the precut straws as a spacers between the flowers.
7. When all the flowers are threaded on tie both ends on the Rafia to make a garland.
The flower garland is ready to wear.
This craft is suitable for young children although,adult supervision may be required for using scissors.
Being part of the Bostik 2017 bloggers with Tots100 and Merrily Crafts, I was sent some craft items in a box to create this project.