A few weeks ago I was lucky to win a kids themed sandwich making competition held by Primula spread.
I created three different sandwiches and it was the wise owl one that won the first prize.
The prize was a two night stay at the Urban Village resort of my choice. I chose to visit Bournemouth as I love being by the seaside and there is a Urban Village resort based approximately three miles from Bournemouth beach and town.
It took us approximately two hours to drive to Bournemouth from London, since we were a little early for our three o'clock check in we decided to stop in nearby Boscombe for lunch. We found a lovely vegetarian cafe called The Salad Centre where we had a delicious lunch. After lunch we took a little walk around the town centre before checking into the Urban Village resort. We were given a family room which is large enough for two adults and two children or three adults. The room was clean and comfortable with a double bed and a double sofa bed and free wifi was available too. The bathroom had a shower and wash basin and fluffy white towels were provided. The room facilities were basic but complimentary tea and coffee was provided, although there was no fridge which would have been useful.
Urban Village Resort also has an indoor swimming pool and spa. Although the spa treatments were not free, they were available to book separately at the spa, which we did for our last day. We spent the afternoon swimming, using the sauna and steam rooms. We were disappointed that the jacuzzi was out of order and we were unable to use it. The changing rooms were acceptable although many of the shower doors did not have locks that worked.
Breakfast was included in our stay. There was a large selection of pastries, fruit, yogurts, cereals and also a full cooked English breakfast with tea, coffee and juice. It was very busy at peak times but the food was continuously refilled so it was not a problem.
Luckily the weather held and we were able to spend a whole day at Bournemouth beach. The beach was clean with powdery sand and deckchairs and sunbeds were available to hire. It is a lovely beach and we had a very relaxing day.
On site at the hotel there was the Verve Bar and Grill and the Victory Pub and Kitchen. Guests could also relax with a coffee in the onsite Starbucks Coffee Shop.In the evening we decided not to dine at the Urban Village restaurant, instead we sampled the cuisine at a lovely local Indian Restaurant called Signature Spice. The food was tasty and the service was superb.
On our last and final day we treated our selves to the spa treatments before checking out at eleven am. Sadly the weather turned for the worst and we had to cut short our trip to the nearby town of Poole. However we managed to get a few snaps of the harbour as we drove through.
We thoroughly enjoyed out stay and would definitely consider staying at the Urban Village Resort again.
Sunday, 24 August 2014
Thursday, 14 August 2014
Spicy and tangy salsa that is perfect for summer barbecues and parties.
3 small green raw mangoes
Handful of fresh coriander leaves
3 green chillies
Juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1.Cut the mangoes in half and remove the stone, keeping the skin on, chop the mango roughly.
2. Wash the coriander and chop it up roughly including the stalks.
3. Half the chillies and remove the white membrane and seeds and roughly chop them up.
4. Add the mango, coriander, chillies, lemon juice, salt and sugar to the Optimum 9400 and pulse the ingredients for 30 seconds to get a coarse texture.
5. Transfer the salsa to a serving bowl and serve with tortilla or potato chips.
I made my mango salsa in the Optimum 9400 blender, it is a great blender that will create amazing smoothies, ice creams, sorbets, smooths, nut milks in a jiffy. It also grates, slices and grinds.
The Optimum 9400 is currently available at a special price of £ 329.00, it comes with a 30 day money back guarantee with free return postage of you are not totally satisfied with it. To read more about it and purchase one you can check my review here.
Saturday, 2 August 2014
Thankyou to everyone who took part here is the round up of the lovely entries.
Friday, 1 August 2014
VegfestUK 27-28 September 2014
Vegfest that is being hosted at London Olympia from September 27-28th 2014 at Kensington Olympia.The event will be lots of fun for all the family with lots of activities such as cookery demonstrations, kids cookery classes, stalls, talks, workshops and book signing.
The tickets can be purchased on line from here at £ 10.00 each and as a special offer if you buy before August 23rd you can get a buy one get one free so you can take a friend.
How To Enter:
- Simply complete the Rafflecopter widget below to verify your entries
- Entries can be via blog comment, Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Leaving a blog comment is mandatory and failure to do so will void any other entries.
- Closing date - 25th August 2014 12.00 am
1. This competition is open to UK residents only who are over 18 years of age .
2. Complimentary tickets are valid for one day on Sunday only
3. Tickets are non transferable. One pair of tickets per winner only.
4. Complimentary tickets obtained through this offer may not be duplicated.
5. All tickets will be scanned on entry to the show
How Rafflecopter works:
· You will need to complete the mandatory entry first – usually making a blog comment. You can do this by clicking on leave a comment at the bottom of the post and leaving your reply in the comment box.Please note your comment will not show immediately as it needs to be moderated however rest assured it will appear on the site, so carry on with rest of entries.
· Login to Rafflecopter – click to see what the question is. Make a comment answering the question on the blog.
· Go back to Rafflecopter and click the green button to tell me you have made a comment, this will unlock all the other options. All entries are checked to see that the mandatory question is answered, if its not all bonus entries will become void.
· Rafflecopter will tweet, like and follow on your behalf.
· For information on how to find the URL of your tweet click here.
· For bonus entries you can return to this page and enter the daily bonus entries.
· If you are still unsure as to how Rafflecopter works please do check out this short video.