Spicy Aubergine wraps
Aubergines cooked in aromatic spices and wrapped in a soft tortilla wrap...
- 1 large Aubergine
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Ginger paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh chilli paste
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh Coriander
- 1 bowl mixed salad , shredded lettuce, tomato slices , grated carrots
- 4 Mission deli original tortilla wraps
1. Dice the aubergines in 1 cm cubes.2. Peel the onion and finely dice it.3. Add 2 tablespoons oil to a frying pan and saute the onion on medium heat until it's translucent.4.Add the aubergine to the onions, followed by the salt, green chilli paste, ginger paste, red chilli powder and lemon juice, turmeric powder, cumin powder and coriander powder.5.Saute the mixture for 7-8 minutes until aubergine is cooked .6.Turn off the heat and allow the aubergines to cool slightly .7. Once the mixture cooled stir in a tablespoon of fresh coriander .8. To serve, warm the tortilla wraps on a griddle.9. Place the warmed wrap on a plate and spoon a generous amount of spiced aubergines.10. Top the aubergines with shredded lettuce, tomato slices and grated carrots.11. Roll up the tortilla wrap and serve with a with a cool minty yoghurt dip.
DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield:4
This post is in collaboration with Mission Deli wraps who sent me a packet of wraps and a Sainburys voucher to purchase the ingredients to create a recipe.