Being a vegetarian I am always looking for cook books that have vegetarian recipes in them as I feel I get my monies worth from purchasing the book and also that the author actually understands the vegetarians diet. The world of the Happy Pear is an amazing book. I recently attended the launch for it by Penguin .The authors of the book are David and Stephen Flynn, The twin brothers are based in Ireland where they run a The Happy Pear Cafe and shop. They have a fantastic jovial personality that comes through each and every recipe in the book. The twins turned vegetarian in their late 20's and this is their second book.
The book has a range of recipes ; breakfast, soups,salads, mains. snacks and dips and of course the sweet stuff. The book is beautifully laid out with fantastic photos.The best bit of the book is that both the authors share their personal family photos and show the whole family interacting with the food and cooking and creating recipes. It makes the recipe book more of a journal and gives it a real personal touch.
From the book I have tried various recipes, I particularly liked the super fudgy almond brownies, spring green and cashew pesto and the parsley,cashew and sundried tomato pesto.
I would highly recommend the book as it's so useful, the recipes are simple to follow and most can be created without any specialist ingredients.
I have scored the book really high but it really does deserve this score as its brilliant. I am really excited that I have two copies of the books to giveaway to two lucky citrusspice readers .
How To Enter:
Simply complete the Rafflecopter widget below to verify your entries
Entries can be via blog comment, Facebook, Twitter etc
This competition is open to UK residents only over 18 years of age .Please read the rules below .
Leaving a blog comment is mandatory and failure to do so will void any other entries.
Closing date - 25th August 2016 12.00 am
How Rafflecopter works:
- You will need to complete the mandatory entry first – usually making a blog comment. You can do this by clicking on leave a comment at the bottom of the post and leaving your reply in the comment box.
- Please note your comment will not show immediately as it needs to be moderated however rest assured it will appear on the site, so carry on with rest of entries.
- Login to Rafflecopter – click to see what the question is.
- Make a comment answering the question on the blog.
- Go back to Rafflecopter and click the green button to tell me you have made a comment, this will unlock all the other options.
- All entries are checked to see that the mandatory question is answered, if it's not all bonus entries will become void.
- Rafflecopter will tweet, like and follow on your behalf.
- For information on how to find the URL of your tweet click here.
- For bonus entries you can return to this page and enter the daily bonus entries. If you are still unsure as to how Rafflecopter works please do check out this short video.
a Rafflecopter giveaway