Although it is not essential and compulsory to have all these items, it certainly makes life easier if you do have them, especially if you are a foodie and enjoy cooking and spending time in the kitchen.
Below is a list of items we added to the kitchen.:
1. Kettle, this is just a basic design that does the job.
2. Toaster, Sandwich toaster, both these items are handy and extremely useful. It saves having to use the grill in the oven and much safer.
3. Microwave, not essential but really handy to warm up food and make quick speedy meals.
4. Plates, bowl, mugs, glasses, these are essential and a necessity in any kitchen.
5. Microwave safe glass dish and server, I love having these as you can cook nad serve in the same container.
6. Food storage containers, always useful to have to store cookies, cereals, spices, grains to keep them fresh.
7. Cutlery spoons, forks, knives, teaspoons, these are an essential item and a must in any kitchen.
8. Cooking utensils such as chopping knife, paring knife, kitchen scissors, wooden spoons, silicon spatula, whisk, grater. I like these items as some of them are two in one saving space .
9.Disposable chopping boards, these make clean up easy and less chances of cross contamination.
10. Saucepans, frying pan, wok, these basic cookware is again another essential to cook in.
11. Baking trays, roasting tin, pie dish.
12. Place mats and coasters.
13.Oven gloves and tea towels
14. Sink Tidy, This handy sink tidy will hold the washing up liquid, scourers,sponges and dishcloth in this rotatable sink tidy.
15. Single Tea Server- This is must for a tea drinker!!!
The kitchen is now fully equipped and has everything for meal preparation, storage and serving. Many of the items featured in this post were gifts from brands which we are very grateful. All the items have been extremely useful and we will make full use of them.
We would like to thank Sainsburys Home for the crockery, OXO for the bakeware, Aldi for the saucepans, Gourmet gadgetry for the sandwich toaster, Pavara for sink tidy and also Tomorrows Kitchen who provided the turner and tongs, vegetable knive and brush, utensil tidy, vacuum storage containers, Herb and spice pots, disposable chopping boards, single serve steamer and the single tea server.
Its personal choice of each individual how they equip their kitchen and this depends on how much they are going to spend time in the kitchen and if they plan to cook or not. My daughter like me is a foodie, she loves cooking so some items that we have added may not be necessary for those who don't have an interest in baking etc.
What items do you think is necessary to equip in a kitchen??? Can you recommend anything else we could have added???