Spicy cauliflower cooked in a blend of aromatic Indian spices.
Don't be fooled by the name, there is no couscous in the ingredient list and the this recipe has NO couscous in it, only the name indicates couscous as the cauliflower is grated to resemble couscous.
480 g cauliflower florets
1 small white onion finely diced
1/2 red capsicum finely diced
1 clove garlic finely chopped
2 green chillies finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
2 tablespoons pasatta (sieved tomatoes)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves.
1. Wash the cauliflower florets and pat them dry.Grate the cauliflower florets on the coarse side of a grater to form cauliflower couscous.
2. Heat oil in a wok, when it is hot add the mustard seeds and wait for them to splutter, next add the garlic and onions and sauté them until onions turn translucent.
3. Add the diced capsicum and grated cauliflower and sauté the mixture for 7- 8 minutes tossing intermittently every couple of minutes.
4. Add the pasatta, salt, green chillies, chilli powder, cumin and coriander powder and toss the mixture to incorporate all the spices.
5. Sauté the spiced cauliflower mixture for another 3-4 minutes after which transfer the mixture to a serving dish.
6. Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
Serve with chapattis.
I got the inspiration to create the spicy cauliflower couscous from a friend of mine Mabintu who blogs at Recipes from a pantry Do check out her blog for some mouth watering dishes.
Submitting this to: