I have already shared how to make Christmas Pudding shaped Tree shaped decorations in my previous post, today we will learn how to make a Christmas stocking shaped tree decoration.
This activity requires adult supervision since we are using a glue gun.For young children you can use fabric glue.
You will need:
1 piece red felt
1 piece white felt
A sparkly button or decoration
Stocking shaped cookie cutter or template
5 mm wide ribbon
How to make:
1. Place the stocking shaped cutters on the red felt and draw around it .
2. Cut out 2 red stocking shapes
3. Place the stocking shaped cutter on the white felt and draw around it .
4. Cut out 1 white stocking shape. On this shape you can draw with pen a toe area, insole area and a wiggly cuff at the top. Cut these shapes out and discard rest.
5.Place a red stocking shape on a flat surface and glue to it in the top left hand corner the folded ribbon to create a hanging loop.
6. Add more glue to the stocking and sandwich the second red stocking on top.
7. Glue on the cuff, sole and toe area on the stocking.
8. Add a button or sparkly decoration on the cuff in the centre.
Once dry decorations are ready to hang on the tree.
You may like Christmas Pudding Tree Decorations.