Delicious roasted red pepper and tomato soup with a garlicky smoky flavour.
1 red capsicum
8 medium ripe tomatoes
2 cloves garlic
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper powder
1 teaspoon olive oil
1. Brush a roasting pan with the olive oil and keep aside
2. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C
3.Wash the capsicum and cut it in half. Remove the stalk and seeds and chop it into chunks.
4. Wash the tomatoes and cut into quarters.
5. Add the tomatoes and capsicum to the roasting pan.
6. Using a knife squash the two cloves of garlic with the skin on and put them into the roasting pan.
7. Roast the vegetables for 20 minutes until soft.
8. Take the roasted vegetables out of the oven and fish out the garlic. Pick the skin off the garlic and discard it and add the garlic back to the pan.
9. Transfer the tomatoes, garlic, peppers to a blender jug. Blend to form a smooth purée.
10. Strain the mixture and add it to a saucepan. Add 150ml water and bring the soup to a slow simmer.
11. Add the salt, pepper, paprika and reheat the soup on a medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
Transfer to serving mugs and Serve with toasted bagels.